An official army family and MWR Site

Special Events Branch

  • slide
  • slide
  • slide
  • slide
  • slide

The Special Events Branch develops, coordinates, stages, and manages quality entertainment programs to include:  fairs, holiday activities, concerts and much more. These programs are designed to improve the quality of life within our community. Most events/programs are open to the general public.

What the Special Events Branch does not do:

  • The Special Events Branch does not make room or park reservations; please call the individual facilities for space rentals.
Frequently Asked Questions

I’m a band/entertainer that would like to play on Fort Liberty.  How do I go about being considered?

Email us! Include the name of the artist and links to your website and/or music page; don’t forget to include your contact information. We receive many requests to perform, so your patience in awaiting a response is appreciated.  You can also mail a demo CD and contact information to:

Fort Liberty Special Events
P.O. Box 70059
Fort Liberty, NC  28310

I am with the press or media, or would like to receive a media pass. Who do I contact?

Email us! Include the event name and “media request” and state the nature of your request in the message of the email (i.e. your name, company, video or still photography, and the outlet in which your photos and/or report will be aired or printed).

Where do I park for events on Fort Liberty?

Most events will have parking staff to guide you to the designated parking areas.

How do I get to the Fort LIberty Fairgrounds?

From Fayetteville:

Take Hwy 87 North. Turn Right onto Howell St. Turn Left onto Watson St. The Fort Liberty Fairgrounds will be on your right.

From Spring Lake:

Traveling South on HWY 87, turn left onto HWY 210 (Murchison Road). Take ramp on right onto I-295 S. Take the exit on right toward HWY 87 (Liberty Blvd). Turn Left onto HWY 87. Turn Right onto Howell St. Turn Left onto Watson St. The Fort Liberty Fairgrounds will be on your right.

 How do I volunteer for Family & MWR Special Events?

Volunteer opportunities will be listed in the Volunteer Management Information System at Army One Source, or you may contact us.

I am a food/craft vendor; how can I participate in an event?

You will need to fill out the Food/Craft Vendor Application that is listed on this page, under the heading "Resources/Forms/Applications". If you do not have a DUNS number, please refer to the “DUNS# Request Instructions” link, which is listed on this page as well, under the same heading. A DUNS number is required to be a vendor on Fort Liberty.

More Community Events


4th at the Fort Celebration

Main Post Parade Field

Jun 29 3 pm - 10 pm

Rock The Run 5K

Jul 20 8 am

Sizzlin' Saturdays

Jul 27 11 am - 5 pm

Super Hero 5K

Aug 17 8 am

Fall Market

Sep 28 12 pm - 8 pm

Fall Market

Sep 28 12 pm - 8 pm